Aviva wins ESG Award at the 2023 Business & Finance Irish Business Awards
Aviva Ireland has again demonstrated its commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) values by winning the ESG Award at the Business & Finance Irish Business Awards 2023.
Fellow shortlisted companies for this prestigious award, which Coillte, the state-owned forestry business, sponsored, included AIB Group plc, CoolPlanet, CPL, Energia Group, I-RES, Liberty Insurance, Portwest, Sky Ireland, We are Riley Ltd, Wisetek, and Workday. Despite the competition from these highly reputable companies, Aviva was delighted to accept this award, showcasing its commitment to ESG values across its operations.
In March 2021 Aviva was the first major financial services group to set this ambitious carbon neutral goal by 2040.
Over the past 15 years Aviva has put a number of sustainability projects in place:
- Since 2012 Aviva's offices are using 100% renewable energy.
- They have a number of biodiversity projects too including the 'Aviva Bees' which are on the top of the Aviva Stadium.
- The Aviva Stadium is a Green Stadium that uses recycled rain water to water the pitch.
- Aviva do not invest in any fossil fuel companies.
- Aviva aim to have their entire fleet electric by 2025.
At Flynn & Lynch we are conscience that our clients can be assured that their investments are taking care of our planet.